Warm Grilled Tomato Salad
6 large tomatoes, cored and cut into 6 to 8 wedges
Kosher salt for sprinkling
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbs. EVOO
1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbs. fresh basil leaves, slivered finely
- Place tomato wedges on a baking tray and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Prepare grill and heat to medium-hot.
- Mix together in a medium-sized bowl the Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar and EVOO. Stir in jalapeno; set aside.
- Grill tomato wedges until liquid begins to bubble and the skin on the bottom begins to char a bit.
- Transfer grilled tomatoes directly to the dressing mixture in bowl and toss well.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle slivered basil leaves over the top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 6.